Guten Morgen! (since it’s 0204hrs right now) Wow! I’m pretty surprised to be nominated for this Liebster Award. I started this blog in 2008, and have been very inconsistent about blogging mainly due to work. I decided to participate in NaPoWriMo this year, and it has led me to wonderful poets and writings.Thanks so much to Anshuman Dash of Mute Expressions for this really kind nomination, do visit his blog for his evocative poetry.
What is the Liebster Award?
I will quote this from Anshuman Dash’s blog who in turn has quoted it from his nominator and who in turn has quoted it from her nominator and so on and so forth.
The Liebster Award is very unique in the fact it brings recognition to the smaller blogs of the ‘verse. With that in mind, all of the nominated blogs will have under 200 followers.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag back thingy.
So, Here We Go!!
Thanks so much again Anshuman Dash! This nomination is a great motivating factor to keep me continue writing on this blog.
11 Facts About Me
1. I was a vegetarian for two years till I realized I was actually a carnivore at heart.
2. Studying languages is my passion.
3. I go backpacking whenever and wherever I travel
4. I ran away to Italy when I was 21, just to escape a surgery.
5. I have a massive shoe collection
6. I read about 7 books a week
7. I’m a Korean drama addict
8. I’m a trained programmer, banker, management accountant, consultant but I’m not doing any of that now
9. Sometimes when I write something in English, my mind thinks in a different language
10. I find refuge in my writings when in reality life has not been going the way I wish it would
11. I’m an insomniac.
11 Questions I Had To Answer
1. What is your favorite Season?
I love Autumn, epecially when the leaves changes colors and gently falls to the ground and all you want to sing when that happens is a Yves Montand song, Les feuilles mortes.
2. What is your most embarrassing moment?
My most embarrassing moment was when someone offered me a seat on a bus, thinking was pregnant..nope just extra huggable hahaha
3. What is your proudest moment till date?
My most proudest moment was when I saw my parents joyous faces when I graduated with an MBA.
4. What is your greatest fear?
I am afraid of the dark, or rather I use that excuse to hold hands with a guy I like hahaha, but seriously the dark is über creepy particularly if it’s pitched black and you can’t see what’s right in front of you
5. What is your deepest darkest desire?
Deepest darkest desire….hmm to be considered a seductress instead of always being the one being cheated upon
6. Which is your favorite movie?
Chocolat is my favorite movie it has Chocolates, magic and a great soundtrack
7. Who is your favorite actor?
8. Which is your favorite book?
The Zahir by Paulo Coelho
9. What makes you really really happy?
My mother’s hugs and kisses
10. What is love to you?
L’amour! Hmm it is that uncontrollable emotion that makes you feel that you can no longer breath without a single sight/touch/embrace of that one person that can truly make your heart sing and make you think that the laws of gravity did not apply to you and you’d fly away if he did not hold you tight.
11. What was the name of your first crush?
His name was Shane
Here are the 11 questions for the nominees
1. What’s your guilty pleasure?
2. What three words would best describe yourself?
3. What makes you pick up a pen/keyboard/tablet/mobile phone and write?
4. Who has influenced you the most as a person?
5. What songs would be the soundtrack to your life?
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. Who is your favorite author?
8. What’s your favorite book?
9. What’s your favorite quote?
10. Where would you choose to live in the world?
11. If you have a superpower, what would it be?
2. Words & Whims of a BiblioGypsy
4. The Dream World Of Words
5. Fefianist – A little diary of my own life
6. Mrs City Boy – Our little corner of the Midwest
7. Angelina Hue – Beyond a HDB flat
8. helenvalentina – Writing to express the Elements
9. geezergirl – Geezer wisdom, poetry, living in the metaphor of life
10. islamwich – one slice Muslim. one slice ‘merican. and all that comes between
11. Kristen Mazzola – Everyone has a story ; this is mine