I like to make these for Eid for my aunts and uncles. So I usually make them in small little paper cups. It looks good when the caramel oozes out of the muffin, you can use whatever filled chocolate in this recipe, but I prefer Rollo’s or if you can’t find them caramel filled chocolate bars from Cadbury works as well. Cuidado! Don’t burn your tongue, let the muffins cool down for a tad.
1 3/4 cup Self-raising flour
3/4 cup Sugar
2 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Salt
1 c Milk
250 gm Butter, melted
2 lg Eggs
1 t Vanilla extract
90 gm White chocolate, broken and melted with 50 gm butter
1 cup White chocolate chips
A couple rolls of Rollo or any caramel centred chocolates
1.Preheat the oven 190 C for 10 minutes.
2.Sift the flour/salt/baking powder into a bowl.
3. Combine sugar/melted butter/milk/eggs/vanilla extract and mix with a mixer for a while, as long batter not lumpy. Don’t mix too long.
4. Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture, add the melted white chocolate, and the white chocolate chips and stir the batter.
5. Arrange muffin trays with those flimsy muffin paper thingies, should be enough for 12 muffins.
6. Pour 1/3 of the batter into each muffin paper thingies, put one rollo in, cover with the rest of the batter about 2/3s full.
7.Repeat with the rest of the batter.
8. Eat the rest of the rollos.
9. Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until the caramel oozes out and the muffin looks slightly golden.
10. Stare in amazement at the muffins.
11. Too hot to eat still so take it out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
12. Temptation strikes, you bite into the muffin and you encounter a gush of hot caramel.